Start your new side hustle business with the perfect web address
Running your own website can be a great side hustle to have. It’s challenging, fun and rewarding. Your domain name is one of the most important things in the process of getting started. This is the web address people will use to visit you.
Use this “whois tool” once you’ve decided on some potentially good names. This tool will tell you whether or not they’re already registered. Search now:
powered by Namecheap
How to use the Whois feature
Here’s how to find out whether a domain is already owned by somebody else or whether you can register it yourself:
- Think of a potential website address (known as a “domain name”) you’d like to own for your own website.
- Type the domain into the search box above. For example, “moneycortex.com”
- Click the “search” button
- It will open in a new window with the result
- If it’s unregistered you can go ahead and register it! If not try another domain name.