Owning and operating your own website can be a great side hustle. It’s challenging, fun and rewarding. Your domain name is one of the most important things in the process of getting started. This is the web address people will use to visit you.
Use this “whois tool” once you’ve decided on some potentially good names. This tool will tell you whether or not they’re already registered.
powered by Namecheap
How to use the Whois feature
Here are simple instructions on how to find out whether a domain is already owned by somebody else or whether you can use it yourself.
- Think of a potential website address (IE “domain”) you’d like to own for your own website.
- Type the domain into the box. For example, “moneycortex.com”
- Click the “search” button
- It will open in a new window, read the result of the search
- If it’s unregistered you can go ahead and register it! If not try something else.
If you will want to use this feature in the future please bookmark it.
Any problems with the tool or questions about it please use the comment form or get in touch.